Friday, July 6, 2012

Oh This Wretched Flesh

I am so blown away by how every word of God is so (exactly) true! I say this, because as I follow what His Word tells me is best for my life, I find the result of His promise to be exactly what He said it would be! 

This builds my faith tremendously and makes me believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, those things I have not experienced or seen with my own eyes or touched with my own hands is exactly true as well without doubt. 

Now I must say, although I absolutely believe every word of the Bible, in my flesh, certain things still try to strangle that truth within me. Past hurts and hang-ups make it more difficult for me to trust God with them. My mind and heart know for certain I CAN trust God with them but my will and emotions struggle with that truth.

This is an area in which I need much of God's grace and where I must be on my knees daily before His throne. I must learn to go to Him with these circumstances every moment they rear their ugly heads. And honestly, some days they rise up moment by moment (like that popular bob em'  game for kid's, where the heads are popping up at first one by one and then more quickly they come 1-2-3 at a time). 

I have to remember no matter what I have experienced in this life, at the hands of other sinful creatures like me, I must place my trust in the Lord and not look to sinful man to heal my hurts.

I'm not one to sugar coat things in my life and gloss over them as if they don't matter because (no matter how long the healing takes) healing will not take place if I am unwilling to face the issues, be honest and transparent about them and confront them head on. 

I know I can't do it in my own strength and I have found that only in His presence (when these emotions arise) can I feel any sense of peace over them.

I pray today, if any of you struggle with similar feelings and emotions that you too will find solace at the feet of Jesus where He sits on His throne. The One who has conquered death, hell and the grave and Who intercedes to the Father on our behalf! Praise you Jesus and thank you for your grace, mercy and love that you bestow on your children each day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment